Water Damage Emergency Tips
When you're dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. SERVPRO of Tampa Southeast responds immediately and uses advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water. They monitor and document the process to verify your property dries.
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house? Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Do activities that are safe for you to perform. Wet materials can be heavy. Be careful!
- Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (813) 694-9092.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.